...Which she initially stole from Makani, so it's all good. Besides, I'm in a funk after "24" and the nuclear bomb going off and Jack having to kill off vdhtruisdisjenwemgjw... *attack of the spoiler-nazi-gnomes* I need something to cheer me up.
Okay, okay, the Meme (which, what does that even mean? Someone enlighten me here)
1. Are you going to look at every possible spoiler you can before the book comes out? Did you with HBP and how accurate were the ones you saw?
Hell no! There probably won't be any spoilers to be had before the book actually comes out anyway (other than pure speculation passing off as spoilers... get a life people) as Jo and her people put a tight lid on everything. I had none with HBP, so my reaction was pure depression (at Dumbledore's death) and pure hatred (at Snape's betrayal - I still maintain that he is evil to the nth degree, or at the very least, not on Harry's side. He killed Dumbledore, for the love of Godric Gryffindor! The only redemption available to him is if he steps in front of an AK curse meant for Harry).
2. What will you do if Amazon (or whoever;) don’t deliver your copy on time, and everyone is reading it except you?
I do midnight release parties and preordering at whatever store I'm going to . I WILL have that book! I will also avoid any HP-related internet browsing until I've finished (sorry, Leaky)
3. Will you read the last chapter before anything else? Are you planning to read the book all in one go or are you a slow reader?
I will get my copy at midnight and - depending on length and other factors - will finish in 24 hours. The last chapter will be as if under lock and key until I get there in due order (but no one said anything about not reading chapter headings ^_^)
4. What’s your theory on the meaning of “Deathly Hallows?”
I like the idea that they're the Horcruxes and refer to objects connected with Arthurian lore. Though, the way the past few titles have been actually connected with the story, they could very well bethe codename of Aberforth's secret goatherd.
5. What’s the craziest Harry Potter theory you’ve got, which you could only share with your trusted f-list?
lemme think on this one... I don't really have any that are real "crazy"... I guess that the Death Eaters will attack at Bill and Fleur's wedding in book 7 (that's not that crazy at all... I need to quit doing responsible things and hang out on Leaky Lounge more ^_^)
6. If you could write in a sub-plot of your own choosing to the main Harry one, what would it be?
Remus creates a Ministry department that helps werewolves get their lives back together and become part of regular Wizarding society (and whacks Umbridge on the way up ^_^)
7. Who do you think will die in the book, and who would you be most upset to see die, even if you don’t think it’s likely?
Aside from Voldy, Snape is a goner. He has to be if there are supposedly all these clues that he is truly on the side of good. He will die either defending Harry or Harry will take him out.
Most upset to see go, even if unlikely: Ginny definitely. I don't think it will happen, but if it does, I will cry (having been a Harry/Ginny shipper even before I was a Ron/Hermione shipper. Has something to do with the way I pictured the end of CoS)
8. Name three main (ish) characters who you think will definitely live and why. Is there a very minor character(s) you really want to have a happy ending?
Harry: Bad stuff happens on the 6:00 news, not in beloved fantasy books. He may make a Frodo-like exit after he and Ginny have led a full and happy life with children and grandchildren (how Frodo is possible in HP...), but it won't be an out and out death
Neville: It's those magic gum wrappers! But seriously, Neville will continue on after soundly defeating Bellatrix.
Hagrid: I'm sure Jo's had too much fun dangling Hagrid to let him die now (two books of people predicting his death and it hasn't happened... it won't)
Dawlish: If he were taken out, there would be much sadness and mourning in Potter Land (and you don't get any more minor than Daaaaawwwlish... he'll find happiness with Mrs. Figg in Magnolia Crescent: Dawlish and the House Full of Kitties!)
9. If you don’t like the book, or are bitterly disappointed by it, do you think you’ll still stay in the fandom?
Not. Gunna. Happen. (be disappointed, I mean) Who do you think you're talking to, the Harmonians? It's a book people. This fandom's too much fun to desert
10. One word (or concise) answers only!
- Snape: good, evil, own agenda?
- Bill: will he help Remus or just be on permanent honeymoon?
How do you get "One Big Happy Weasley Family" if the whole family isn't there to enjoy it?
- Peter: a Gryffindor moment or not?
- Harry: is he a Horcrux?
- The Weasley’s: will they all survive?
- If no to the above: who won’t?
- Did Snape love Lily: yay or nay!
- Hogwarts: will they go back to school or not?
Maybe not to school, but Jo did say that one of the Horcruxes is in the Great Hall (she had a dream about it)
- Remus and Tonks: will they get married in the book?
- Bellatrix: who will be her nemesis?
Starts wil an "N" and rhymes with "eville"
- The new leader of the OotP is …?
Moody and/or Lupin (neither of whom trust Snape, so Snape can't be working for the Order)
- Percy: will he see the error of his ways or not?
Maybe toward the end of the book
11. If Harry could take just one adult Order of the Phoenix member with him on the search for Horcruxes, who should it be and why?
He won't take an adult member, but he might meet up with Aberforth along the way, simply because that's where the clues will lead him.
12. Will Remus and Greyback have a confrontation in human or werewolf form? Will Tonks be involved? Who will the other werewolves support?
This will probably happen off scene, but Greyback will realize that Remus is working underground with the werewolves. Greyback will capture Tonks and there will be a big ...erm... biteout (as opposed to shootout). I've always been a sucker for damsel-in-distress type stories (Tonks will get free at the end and help Remus, though)
13. Who is the person from Harry’s class (and it isn’t him, Ron or Hermione), who will become a Hogwart’s teacher? What subject will they teach?
Parvati or Lavender for Divination (Voldy's going to find out about Trelawney and she may be on the chop over that little prophecy thing)
14. Do you think Harry will observe Remus looking less lined and walking with a little more of a spring in his step? If so, do you think he'll attribute it to Tonks, and if he does, will he blush?
*giggle* most certainly!
15. Will Ginny use, "But Professor Lupin saw the futility of being a noble prat!" for one of her million arguments with Harry about why they should be together? Do you think they’ll get back together at all?
Sigh... yes Mary Jane and Peter...I mean Ginny and Harry get back together in the end. She might even use that corny "Who's going to save you?" line (hey, whatever works, you know?) Boys-with-hero-complexes, a little lesson: when the girl of your dreams is in danger, yet capable of taking care of herself, you'd best let her come along because you know she will anyway. Besides, it's less for you to worry about.
16. Which house do you think Tonks is in, and why? Is she going to morph into someone important and who will it be?
Tonks is... GRYFFINDOR!! Sorry, but I don't see many Hufflepuffs joining the Order (at least, not any of the adult Hufflepuffs; students in the DA are another story). And why would she morph into someone important? She can't change her appearance that much, can she?
17. Who will be revealed to be the heir of Gryffindor?
Why must there be an heir of every house? Maybe a descendant or two, but not an appointed heir ("it's not what someone is born, but what they grow to be" ring a bell?)
18. As JKR has promised the final chapter will be like an epilogue; how do you think the final paragraph (hopefully) donated to Remus’ future, and/or Tonks’, and/or anyone else you want to write a paragraph on, will read?
Um, people, it's canon by now: Remus/Tonks is going to ride off into the sunset with their little pink wolf-cubs in tow. Next question
19. Which question from the books would it annoy you most not to have answered?
Maybe not annoy me, but it would be fun to know about the Four Founders. But I wouldn't mind leaving some of that to my imagination.
20. What do you think the last line of the book is?
Well, it ends the book and it ends with "scar" Beyond that, I don't have an answer for you.